*** Press Release *** Voter Support ***
UA 9-12 Group’s Executive committee has selected those candidates and issues in keeping with our organization’s philosophy and principles, and recommending voter support this Tuesday, November 5th.
Judges for Municipal courts: Vote for Amy Salerno, James Green and Dan Hawkins. (Scott van Der Karr running unopposed.)
City Council City of Upper Arlington: UA 9-12 Group highly recommends John Adams and David DeCapua as examples of solid fiscally conservative leadership. Debbie Johnson is recommended as well, as we believe she has demonstrated accessibility by the residents and can be counted on to support leadership. UA 9-12 thus recommends a vote for DeCapua, Adams and Johnson. Additionally only voting for these three candidates makes for a stronger case for the election of DeCapua , Adams, and Johnson against the 5 man field.
UA School Board: UA 9-12 Group strongly recommends candidates Eric Colombo and Matthew McClellan. It is far past time to ask our school board members to assume a more aggressive role in asserting their responsibilities to insure high quality academics for our students and to represent the concerns of the property owners. The days of rubber stamping OEA and the go-along to-get-along philosophy should be suspended in favor of new bold leadership!
Lastly…Issue # 52 …UA 4 mil school levy. UA 9-12 Group strongly urges a NO VOTE on Issue #52. Here is the important THREE point logic with which this no vote was determined:
- UA 9-12 believes our educators and administration are currently EXCEPTIONALLY well compensated – UA has the highest paid 1st year teacher’s salary in Central Ohio, second highest paid average teacher’s salaries in the STATE of Ohio (Rocky River in Cleveland is highest) and a fabulous pension program beyond anything found in private sector. Measured against this ailing economy, it seems quite inappropriate to further enhance the economics of personnel in our schools.
- UASB insists on passing a levy before labor negotiations are even started, much less concluded (December 2014), for a signed contract with the teachers union. UASB apparently prefers to fatten their bank account with $6.3 million new dollars giving Union lawyers more cash to pick over. Additionally, UASB has $28 million in their “nonreserve fund” (rainy day fund) with which to pick up the fiscal shortfalls while contract is being developed. UA 9-12 Group believes our school district must address its largest operational costs (salary/benefits) first and then evaluate the need for a levy.
- UA Schools Superintendent Imhoff has proposed The Efficiency Project which is set up to reduce spending and produce a more streamlined spending plan for the UA schools. The UA community should be given a chance to analyze the merits of this project for at least a year before being asked to support a school levy.
Please feel free to forward this to family and friends, and be sure to vote on Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
Upper Arlington 9.12 Group
PO Box 218322
Columbus, OH 43221
We intend to engage issues surrounding our Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- Keep an eye on what the Upper Arlington City Council, Franklin County Commissioner, State of Ohio and Federal Congressional representatives are doing – encourage them to support conservative ideas.
- Work to eliminate over taxation to encourage business to return to Ohio.
- Encourage clean coal energy and research. Use Ohio’s vast coal/natural gas reserves to create jobs.
- Interact with local schools and civic events.
- Educate citizens of their rights under the U.S. Constitution.
- Hold public servants responsible for every tax dollar that is spent.
“The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing.”
~ John Adams, 2nd U.S. President
Join us, as we arm ourselves with knowledge of the issues!